Monday, May 3, 2010

OC Half Marathon

My sister, Brooke just posted these pictures on her blog and I stole them:)  For those of you who have been asking, I promise I will blog Hudon's birthday party tomorrow.

Brooke and I before the race at 6:00am... which means we were up about 4:30am...yuck!

In regards to training for the marathon, I definitely didn't train like you are suppose to.  I was running about 7 miles comfortably about a month ago.  Then I just got busy and didn't have time to run anything more than about 4 miles.  And at that, I didn't run the 2 weeks before the race! Again, this is not what they recommend.  So, my goal was to not stop the entire race and I was surprised that I was actually able to do that.  I didn't feel out of breath or tired, but around mile 12 and 13 I was definitely feeling sore.  So, really I only had to push it during the last 2 miles.  I think 10 miles is a good run, but 13.2 just takes you to another level of soreness.  

My favorite thing was seeing all the old men running in the race.  You just want to run up to them and give them a hug... so impressive!

Coming in to the finish line...

After we finished, we found my step-sister Natalie who beat us by about 25 minutes... muahaha. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so cool!