Wednesday, May 5, 2010

April 26th

Hudson's actually birthday was the day after the party and it was just plain fun!  We woke up and in the words of my sister Summer, "Hudson enjoyed the spoils of birthday victory".  Aunt Brittany and Uncle Taylor got Hudson a Cozy Coupe car which he LOVES.  It was a sweet gift because Uncle Taylor believes every kid should have one... it is a right of passage.  However, we weren't able to peel away the drumsticks he was given, so he played with both. 


After breakfast and a nap, we met Uncle Trever in the orange groves for some family pictures.  Then Hudson literally swam in the pool for 3 hours without getting out took a break and then was back in.  He even ate his quesadilla while swimming which only brings the fondest memories of swimming in my dad's pool as a child.  My sisters and I would swim all day and only ate the pizza my dad order while hanging over the edge of the pool and never getting out.  So, it was fun to see the tradition condition with Hudson.  

The weather was perfect the entire weekend and the day of his birthday. 
Hud bud and Trav:


Take 2:
We sang "happy birthday" and this time he laughed and smiled.  He still was a little hesitate of the cake, but he didn't cry. 


Man I love me some chlorine hair that will stick straight up with no additional assistance and this is one of my favorite expressions he makes:
After dinner, pushing around his walker toy my mom and Bruce got him:
And then the drums... 
He has enough to have a makeshift drum set.  

Golf clubs turned drumsticks...

And then for the second night in a row more time in the pool and time by the fire pit:

These are some of my favorite pass times:

Aunt Brittany and Uncle Taylor who both just graduated from CBU with their master's and BOTH of them received the highest award for their department! 

Hudson having a good time with his aunts and uncles:

This video really isn't that good of quality, but I still love it.  When we hang out with our family it feels like we are hanging with friends.  I think Hudson is going to love his aunts and uncles. 


This was about 9:00pm which was right about when Hudson was born the year before.  This year we were cozy by the fire eating birthday cake while Trav held Hudson who was fast asleep.  

 My best friend's mom holding her grandbaby Logan (Hudson's best bud) and my mom holding Hudson.  They are 6 months apart and we are so excited to see their relationship develop.  They are destined to be friends.    

When I was pregnant we had no idea what life would be like with our baby.  When we found out we were having a boy, we were excited and unsure of the future all at the same time.  I have to say looking back over this last year, we had no idea how wonderful it would be.  We have said it before, but we are so thankful for our son.  
We had this verse at the beginning of Hudson's slideshow, but I thought I would share it again.  It really is the cry of our hearts: 
Behold children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. 
Psalm 127:3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Hayley! You have an awesome family- so blessed! I LOVE the pic of Hud with cake on his face-- all that CHUB! LOVE IT! (Miss it on Ava Grace! lol).

Shaun, Erica, Isaac, Parker, & Blake said...

Well, aren't you the little blogger lately! Loving it! I'm so glad I got to see the pictures of Hudson eating (or crying at) his cake. Parker decided that he needed to nurse right when Hudson started to dig in so I missed it... Isaac was the same way at his first birthday. I'm counting on Parker to not follow in his "cranky, I just want to cry" foot steps. Happy Birthday Hudson Ryan Collins!