Monday, June 6, 2011

Ministers' Wives Retreat

A couple of weeks ago, I had the opportunity to go to Jenness Park in Northern California to help lead worship with my friend from college, Merea.  The retreat was for the ministers' wives of the Southern Baptist Convention, so there were women from all over the state of California. 

I have a few friends from college who have always asked if I was going, but I have never been able to make it.  I was really excited to be able to go this year and it was so much fun catching up with other CBU alumni who are serving at other churches across the state.  We took a CBU girls picture, but I didn't have my camera, so I have will have to get it later.  There were about 20 of us there!

Merea and I have played and sang together all through college and we lead worship together for a women's retreat about 3 years ago.  It was sooo great getting to spend time with her again and I just love her voice and her heart for the Lord.  It was so refreshing to get quality time with her.  

Then there is Noemy.  All I can say is that she is amazing.  She is from Spain and has studied violin in conservatories throughout her life.  This week she is actually at Juilliard University playing for a special event that only amazing violinist are invited to.  She is the kind of musician that when you hear her play, you can't help but to cry.  Merea and I kept looking at each other just laughing at how amazing she was.  Merea would sing a line for her and Noemy could instantly play it back on her violin.   I could go on and on, but seriously probably one of the most talented musicians I have ever played with.  And she her heart for the Lord is just as sweet.  I am so glad to call her a friend :)


There were a few of us who were pregnant, so of course, we had to get a picture ;)

Some of my favorite people...

About a week before the retreat, Chaundel, who is one of the Ministers' Wives at our church contacted me to see if I was going to the retreat.  She had seen my name on the list, but wasn't aware that I was going to play piano.  Come to find out, she was the speaker!  It was great to spend a little time with her and she did a amazing job speaking!
In college, I played piano for the worship team and even for a couple of years when Trav was the worship leader.  However, since we have been married I have been involved in other ministries at church.  So, it was really fun to get a chance to play again and it really made me value my husband even more.  I think I just get used to how talented he is and to his genuine and sincere heart for worship.  Being a part of leading again, just made me realize even more the calling that God has placed on Travis' life.  

1 comment:

The Hofschroer's said...

I love to hear you doing things like this! I am very proud of you and grateful for the giftings the Lord has given you Hayley!!! ***smooch***