Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas at The Collins'


Last year at Christmas time, I remember thinking about Mary's life in a whole new way.  It was really surreal to be pregnant and feeling some of the things she must have felt.  I can't even fathom how she must have felt knowing she was raising the Savior of the world.  My prayer is that I would have the attitude she had when she said "'I am the Lord's servant,' Mary answered.  'May it be to me as you have said.'" Luke 1:38

Well, this is how our house looks at Christmas time.  I absolutely love this time of year and now that we have little Hudson it is even that much better.  I love seeing life through his eyes.



Close up of our tree:

And this year we have 3 stockings, all hand knit by Grandma Collins!  After Christmas I am going to personalize each one.  I am going to get a white letter monogrammed on each one and I think on the boy's stockings I will sew on wooden buttons.  On my stocking, I am planning on pinning on a crystal brooch or mabye I will sow on a few pearls.






3 comments:

Shannon said...

Ummm...can I live at your house?!? I love it! The picture of Hudson is adorable!

stringsofpurls said...

So pretty, Hayley!

Megan said...

GORGEOUS! Where did you get the Christmas lights on your mantle?