Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ohio in January

Travis' mom just left yesterday back for Ohio after spending a week with us.  She came to surprise Brandon for his 30th birthday.  We had a great time with her even though we stayed home most of the time due to Hudson being so sick.  It was nice that Hudson got to see her again after only a month since our last visit. 

Right before Christmas, Travis and I were talking about how we were both bummed we weren't going to be able to go back to Ohio to spend time with his family over the holidays.  We tried to figure out a way were we could work it into Travis' schedule, but it just wasn't going to work out.  So, we decided just for Hudson and I to go.  We wanted to be sure to get one more free flight with Hudson before he turns 2 at the end of April and we have to start paying for his ticket. 

Hudson and I had a great trip and he was great on all the flights.  I never posted pictures from our trip, so here they are...

Thanks to a sticker book Grandma sent for Christmas... it provide about an hour and a half of entertainment:
I didn't bring play clothes for the snow, so we used what we had:
Hudson fell and his hands went right into the snow.  I left his gloves in Cali, so after consoling a very upset child I put on the warmest pair of socks that I brought... worked like a charm:
Out to breakfast with Grandma and Aunt Amy:

Normally when we go to Ohio, Travis and the guys go out for a night while Hillary and I visit with the kids at home.  However, this time since it was just me and Hudson, I left Hudson home with Trav's parents, so Hillary and I could go out:

We went the the Contemporary Art Museum in downtown Cincinnati and then headed to Nada to eat some amazing Mexican food!  I have never had better guacamole... even now as I write about it I am craving some:
Then we took the coldest walk of my life.  We walked 2 blocks in the frigid air where the wind was blowing through all of our layers leaving us freezing!  It was all worth it though, because we got a scoop of Graters ice cream! It can only be bought in Ohio and it is a definite must while we are there. Hillary has become such a great friend over the years and I always look forward to seeing her when we visit:
Hudson got some quality time with Grandma:
We had such a wonderful visit and we are looking forward to our next visit:
On the plane heading home:
He looks so grown up sitting in his own seat, strapped in and asleep on his blanket... He was a great traveling companion:
We loved getting snowed in and eating soup, visiting with family, seeing friends at church and just relaxing for a week.   

No comments: