Monday, June 23, 2008

Hofschroer Weekend

Travis and I met while going to school at California Baptist University. We have so many friends and wonderful memories from our time there. Two of our favorite friends are Chris and Amy Hofschroer. Amy and I met my freshmen year of college before we had any boys in our lives. We had "kindred spirits" with each other. We walked through good times, bad times, sad times, and everything else life brings. Throughout our four years at school, we intentionally met once a week to keep each other accountable towards our goal of living lives that bring glory to God. It is these kinds of friendships I cherish more than any other.

Since Trav and I have graduated and moved to San Clemente, we have come to appreciate even more the treasure in having friends that really know you. I love that I don't have to explain to Amy any background stories to understand current issues...because she already knows those background stories. I love that by just a glance I can gather what Amy is thinking, because I have heard her share heart many times before. I love that I got to be a part of watching Chris pursue the affections and love of Amy. I love that on their first valentines day together they let me crash their party. I love that I got to stand next to her on their wedding day as they made vows to each other before the Lord to protect the sacredness of married. I love that Amy and Chris were there as Trav came into my life and that they both stood there as Travis and I exchanged vows. But most of all, I love that Amy and Chris are a couple who are in the pursuit of becoming more like Christ no matter the cost.

Needless to say, I love spending time with the Hofschroers. A couple of months ago we planned a weekend for them to come and stay with us. This has been a annual tradition since we moved here, but this year it was even more fun with the additions of Gunner and Sadie. Last June Gunner joined our family and then one month later Sadie joined the Hofschroer fam

We spent the entire weekend just hanging out and talking. Some of our festivities included a morning walk along the coast to have breakfast across the pier, shopping in all the boutiques downtown, one late night in the jacuzzi, playing with our dogs and of course, we introduced Sadie to the ocean.  Here are a few pictures from our weekend together:

The Hofschroers
The Girls

The Boys
Sadie loved the swimming in the water.  She wasn't even at all apprehensive towards the waves. 

The now traditional Collins/Hofschroer family picture.  
The picture isn't from our weekend together,
We love you Hofschroers!  Thanks for being such wonderful friends. 
We can't wait to see what the future holds. 

1 comment:

The Hofschroer's said...

Wow Hayley! What sweet words you have to describe a friendship that has been such a gift from God! I don't even know what to say... I love you! =D
*amy*