Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bathroom turned studio

Living with a musician has so many perks.  For one, I get to regularly listen to live music.  Two, I get to hear the songs as they are in the process of being created.  And three, my bathroom serves as more than just a bathroom... it often serves as a studio for creative moments.  

Travis has provided beautiful music to fill our home, but it is much more than music.  It is music that points us back to Christ's salvation and glory.  I have come to appreciate these bathroom moments in our lives.  I have learned from watching Travis that the times God teaches us the most are the times we are often most alone with Him.  

Tonight Trav led worship at the Saddleback worship conference.  During the service I watched and listened to Travis pray a simple, beautiful prayer.  I have heard him pray a million times before but tonight I could not peel my eyes away from him.  All I could think was that I was literally watching the hand of God on him... the anointing of God.  There are moments and glimpses of times when it is so evidently clear that God is working.  Tonight was one of those moments.  I can't help but to think that if it were not for those bathroom times alone with God, we would miss out on moments like tonight. 

Travis, thank you for making God first in your life.  Thank you for being an example of a man giving his gifts and talents to be completely used by God.  Thank you for taking the time to sing to our God and to create music that sings His praises.  Thank you for not playing for audiences, but playing to our Creator.  Thank you for making time to be alone with God.  I see God in you.  I have watched God work through you.  And I am excited to see what God has in store for you.  I love you Travis!



3 comments:

The Hofschroer's said...

Travis heart for the Lord definitely shines through his passion for music! Thanks Trav for blessing all of us...

Shaun, Erica, Isaac, Parker, & Blake said...

Hey!! Heyley is back! You don't know how many times I checked your blog just wondering if you had posted yet! You are such a gifted writer! Thanks for expressing your love for your friends and family! I love the pictures! I even got Shaun to visit your sight... It just made him miss his Travis!

Shaun, Erica, Isaac, Parker, & Blake said...

Sorry! I totally know how to spell your name hAyley!!!