Friday, April 10, 2009

sleeping while pregnant...or the lack there of

It is now 3:35am and this is the second night in the last 3 nights that I haven't been able to sleep at this hour. I have often heard women say they were so uncomfortable the last weeks of pregnancy, but I don't really feel that. I guess I expected the lack of comfort to be the reason pregnant women can't sleep. For me, it is just because my mind won't turn off. I never seemed to have had this problem before, actually most people would have been jealous of my pre-pregnancy sleeping habits. I used to lay down...never remember falling asleep (no matter how early or late it was or how loud it was or how dark or bright the room was)... then i would wake up in the morning refreshed. I never would get up to use the restroom or to get a drink of water. Now, I get up to use the restroom anywhere from 3-7 times in the night and I can't seem to get my mind to sleep. I guess this is the beginning of a new season of life for me in the middle of the night. I am just excited to have a different reason to wake up in the middle of the night. I would rather wake up to a beautiful baby boy than simply wake up to just use the restroom or because my mind won't turn off.

2 weeks from tomorrow I am due to have this baby. Really he could come anytime now and at the latest 3 1/2 weeks from tomorrow... so the count down continues.

6 comments:

Shanalea Atchison said...

I use to think it was a mean cruel joke to prepare moms for waking up. I will never know what it is like to sleep through the night again. Even when they sleep through the night i end up waking up and freaking out. Motherhood is so much fun even in a drowsy state.

Nikki said...

I know how you feel. But you are so right that when you get to wake up to Hudson (even when so are so tired you cant remember how to get up) its so worth it to hold and comfort them. I am so excited its getting closer! See you tomorrow for Easter :-)

The Hofschroer's said...

haha... I remember all the times you would fall asleep while we were talking at night in college. I loved having you as a roommate! =) Chris is a good roommate too... its just different!

Roxanna Grimes said...

Yes, night will never be the same. Especially when they drive. Just remember to sing that little song I taught you....

Anonymous said...

When I was pregnant with Semmi-Lusia I couldn't fall asleep until 4 in the morning every night for the last month... For the first two months of her life she wouldn't fall asleep until 4 in the morning every night! I guess she was just getting me ready for her routine. So excited for you. It's the best time in a woman's life!

Jaime said...

Hey mama..I imagine that you feel ready to pop. You get to a point where you can't even get comfortable enough to sleep. Thats when you really start itching to just deliver already!!! Hey Justin is trying to get a hold of Travis. Can you have Trav shoot Justin ane e-mail with your phone number as soon as he can? Thanks - His e-mail is justinmcwhorter@sbcglobal.net