Tuesday, March 18, 2008

my first attempt...

Well, I must admit I have been a blog stalker for quite a while.  I have been toying with the idea of beginning a blog, but I have been fearful to enter into this world.  Do I really have enough to say to maintain a blog of my own?  I am not pregnant and we don't have children, so I don't have that excuse to start a blog. However, I decided regardless if anyone reads this blog, I believe I will find the experience of writing and sharing our lives very therapeutic.  So, I wanted to begin with a short introduction. 

Travis and I have been married now for 2 1/2 years!  I feel like we just got married a year ago, but we are already coming up on our third anniversary.  We love being married and we have been living in beautiful sunny San Clemente for the past year and a half.  We are really excited to start a family some day, but for now we are content with our golden retriever, Gunner and our prissy cat, Denver.



Trav has been on staff at Saddleback Church as the worship pastor for the first regional campus located in San Clemente.  God really has taught us so much since we have moved here.  Our love for the people in our church really has flourished in the last year.  There really isn't anything more exciting than seeing someone come to know Christ as Lord and Savior of their life and then to see their relationship with God mature.   

I work out of our home as a mortgage loan officer and I am really involved with our church. I am leading a trip to Rwanda in May.  Then in October Trav and I are part of a leadership team taking a group of people from our church to the Philippines. 

We literally live in a tiny "lil' yellow house down by the sea".  It has been a lot of fun living 3 blocks from the beach!  Some of our favorite past times are taking walks down to the beach with our  dog, Gunner.  On Saturday mornings we often walk down the street to the water and then over to the pier for breakfast.  We never cease to be amazed at God's beauty so clearly seen through his creation.  
 

Today when Trav got home we went for a walk and he treated me to a slurppy at the 7eleven down by the train station.  We both remembered slurppies being much more delicious as children.  
Let me introduce Gunner.  He likes birds and will chase them anywhere.  He has been known to runaway from me in pursuit of such creatures while at the beach.  He is about to graduate from dog obedience school and it has been said he has attachment issues with me (or I with him).  Below is a picture of him last summer when we took him on the sand for the first time.  He has been a lover of the sand ever since.  I can't believe how big he has gotten!

Below is Denver.  She and Gunner have a love/hate relationship.  She spends most of her time sleeping and walking around the house in a very prissy manner.  


This was the view we were looking at on our walk home from sitting on our favorite bench over looking the ocean and drinking slurppies.  The view of the pier is at the bottom of our street.  Isn't our God amazing?  The ocean sings Him praises.  



1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Nice to "meet" you and welcome to the blogosphere! :) I'm sure with time you'll find plenty to talk about! I can't wait to get to know you and Travis more... I miss 7eleven slurpees... and In-N-Out... and so many other CA food places. Now I'm hungry! haha
Have a blessed Easter!
Renee & The Special Ks